Pages

03 November 2007

On the Town

"Hurry up and blog something else," Hannah requested this morning, "so I won't have to look at that awful costume any more."

So, with Hannah out at a volunteer event for her former employer, the Children's Nature Institute, Tessie and I were on our own for the afternoon. We made a scenic tour of the fountains of Pasadena, going from the Western Asset building courtyard (where we saw not only the fountains, but snails, too), through City Hall, where we didn't linger as there was a wedding ceremony in progress, to the Paseo Colorado and its spouting fountain. Tessie loves watching water, and I had my hands full holding her back from all of these fountains, so pictures weren't a possibility. Perhaps next time.

I was able to pull out the camera at our next stop, Tessie's favorite bar: Lucky Baldwin's. It was a hot day, so I decided to indulge in a little 'refresher' in the shade. Tessie had an ice water.
From there, on to Central Park. No fountains, but there were swings, and Tessie surprised me by enjoying the slides as well: I would sit her at the top, and she would scoot herself forward until gravity took over and she slid down with an immense grin on her face!

No comments: