Pages

17 August 2009

More tales from school

The tidbits from Tessie's weekdays at pre-school continue. Her wide variety of interests is evident:

6/5: "During circle time when we say what [day] today was, Tessie said, 'today is Friday and I'm going to the library.'" (ed. note: we actually go to the library on Mondays)

6/8: "Today we talked about ice cream. We asked Tessie what's her favorite flavor? She said, 'Chocolate.' She was a little sad because a lot of her friends like the same flavor."

6/10: "During art, Tessie rolled up a paper and said, 'I made a whistle, no it's not a whistle it's a paper all wrapped up.'"

6/14: "During outside play, Tessie found a bird feather. She was very excited about finding it. She was showing everyone that came her way."

6/15: "During science, we were playing with camping items. Tessie was playing with a raccoon. She said, 'I'm giving the raccoon milk, he's drinking it.'"

6/17: "While walking to the restroom Tessie was sniffing around. She said, 'I like my smell because I could smell flowers, oh not skunk because they are stinky.'"

6/18: "During Kitchen Creation we made a shake using banana and milk. Tessie said, 'The banana looks like a moon.'"

6/26: "During Hoppy Store, Tessie was playing with a bottle and she said, 'I'm trying this beer.' She said she heard that from Daddy."

6/29: "During art we made a USA collage. I asked, who lives in the USA? Tessie was the first one to answer 'I do.'"

7/1: "During water play, Tessie got in the pool and showed everone what she learned in her swimming classes."

7/21: "During outside play, Tessie was playing in the house and she said, 'I'm making lobster and some cupcakes.'"

7/27: "During outside play, Tessie was telling all about her visistors. She said, 'My visitors are from a country we visited before.'" (ed. note: Slovakia and Canada, both of which she has indeed visited)

7/29: "During water play, Tessie was playing with the water hose. She would run from it then go through it. She said, 'Miss C___, I'm getting wet,' then she would sit in the sun for a while."

7/31: "Today Tessie said, 'You hold ladybugs on your finger,' as the class was talking about ladybugs."

8/3: "I asked Tessie what she did this weekend and she told me all about her picnic outside her house. She said, 'We ate pasta.'" (ed. note: we did eat pasta outside under the arbor and called it a "picnic")

8/5: "During balance, Tessie was jumping over mats and hula hoops pretending she was an astronaut."

8/6: "During outside play, Tessie and her friend A___ were digging in the wood chips looking for ants."

8/17: "Teresa was hugging me and kissing me all day. She was telling me she missed me. I missed her too and it was a great welcome." (ed. note: the teacher had been gone on vacation for a week)

We're also starting to see the first indications of representational art:

Note the sun at top left; the pool at right; and the baseball bat in the middle.

No comments: